Thai BBQ Chicken Recipe


Thai was my first real cooking obsession and now it's back on the menu!
These Thai BBQ chicken fillets were one of the first Thai recipes I ever succeeded in cooking and back then, I would cook these fillets under the kitchen grill, not the BBQ like I do now. Both
work great.

I fell in love with Thai food in the very late 1990’s, which was shortly after I fell in love with my now Husband. No coincidence there, he was already in love with Thai so the introduction was inevedidable.

In October 2007, our terminally ill son James had began his steep and final decline. The last meal we ate in his presence was Thai. I lost 20kg in 2 weeks, through lack of appetite and it would be years before I enjoyed another massaman curry or chicken and cashew or any Thai food at all.

I’m guessing I won't win any prize for the ‘feel good’ story of the month here.
Taste can be overlooked or considered a secondary sense but it has the power to take us to a different time, arouse lost feelings, comfort us, make us sad or delight us.
For me, a good Thai meal does all of these and more.

Thai BBQ Chicken


6 chicken thigh fillets
¼ cup coconut milk
4 cloves garlic, crushed
½ teaspoon cracked pepper
2 teaspoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons turmeric
2 teaspoons paprika
1 Tablespoon coriander root, finely chopped - you could substitute 1 teaspoon ground coriander if you need to.
1 small red chili, finely chopped

•Mix all ingredients, except chicken, together to make a thin paste.
•Coat chicken in the paste.
•BBQ Fry or Grill chicken, skin side out (the thicker meat on the outside of thigh) 2-3 minutes, until browned.
Turn heat to medium and flip chicken over, cook for 5-6 minutes.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Full-time Parent Claims 'Sanity Day'.

Grocery Shopping on a Budget

Butterscotch Pudding - Self Saucing