$0 DIY Breadcrumbs.

I thought I was a frugal mum until I had to do with less......

What do you do with the end crusts of your bread?
I used to throw them out when the loaf was done. Their sole purpose seemed to be keeping the the rest of the loaf fresh and when it was gone, they had no purpose anymore. The kids wouldn't eat them and I don't really eat bread much, so in the bin they went.
It often occurred to me that this was wasteful and I should try to think of some way to use them up.
I can't believe I didn't think of this sooner.

Either keep your crusts and any stale bread in the freezer until you have a decent amount to process all together or crumb as you go....
Heat your oven to 70°C and bake your bread slices for about 30-40 minutes with the oven door slightly open (50-60 minutes if frozen). Turn off oven and leave bread to cool. It should then be dried out nicely. Whip it into the food processor and you've made dry breadcrumbs!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Full-time Parent Claims 'Sanity Day'.

Grocery Shopping on a Budget

ANZAC Biscuits