For My Husband

Outside the supermarket today, I saw a sight that never fails to bring a smile to my face.
It was an older couple, probably in their mid 60's and so obviously, very much in love.
I smile because I imagine that will be us in 20 to 30 years from now, older, wiser and even more in love than ever before.

The loss of a child, the diagnosis of a potentially crippling disease and the resulting depression have proved that we have what it takes to make it through together.
We have weathered the storms, often tired and frustrated.
We have fought, sometimes bitterly.
We have laughed, cried and stayed up talking for hours together.

I promise I will always be a nag. I promise to be moody and irrational from time to time. I promise that my skin will continue to wrinkle and sag. I promise that my health will one day begin to decline, I promise to make you smile as much as I possibly can.
I also promise to love you with all my heart and share the good times and bad with you for the all of the days, weeks and years that are yet to come.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Full-time Parent Claims 'Sanity Day'.

Grocery Shopping on a Budget

Butterscotch Pudding - Self Saucing