Scrolls are super simple, quick and versatile.
The only part of this recipe you really need to worry about is the basic dough, the rest is up to your imagination, it's kind of like a rolled up pizza.
Chilli Cheese Scrolls
2 1/2 cups self raising flour (20oz, 425g)
2 tsp oil
1 cup milk (4oz)
+seasonings if desired
3-4 Tbs Sweet chilli sauce
1 cup grated cheese (4 oz)
• Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F)
• Mix flour, butter, oil and any seasoning in food processor until well combined. This can also be done by rubbing in butter with fingers.
• Add milk and mix until combined.
• Roll out dough in a rectangle about 1cm (1/3 inch) thick and score lightly with a fork - this helps keep the filling from running out of the dough during cooking.
• Add fillings and roll into logs
• Cut logs into approx 2cm (3/4 inch) thick sections.
• Place fairly close together on lightly greased baking tray
|DIY Sweet Chilli Sauce Recipe|
|Blueberry Cinnamon Scrolls|