Taco Muffins

I'm so pumped about this recipe that I'm writing it up before I've even tasted the finished result.
This is a leftovers inspired creation. We always end up with a small amount of beef left over when we have tacos. Sometimes it gets used for lunches but other times it just sits in the fridge until clean out day. I've been racking my brain trying to think of something to do with it and now, I'm sure I have the solution.

Here they are! The finished result and I couldn't be happier with them.

Taco Muffins
2 cups self raising flour  *16 oz
1 1/4 cups grated tasty cheese *10oz
1 cup taco beef (more won't hurt if you've got it) *8 oz
4 tsp guacamole dip mix**
2 eggs
1 cup of milk *8 oz
4 tsp oil

*Preheat oven to 180°C / 335°F
*Combine flour, cheese, beef and dip mix in a large mixing bowl.
*In a smaller bowl add milk, eggs and oil beat lightly
*Combine both mixtures well
*Spoon into liberally greased muffin tins, about 2 Tbs in each.
*Bake for 20 minutes
I prefer a silicon muffin mould for easy removal of muffins
**If you don't have guacamole dip mix, consider other Mexican inspired spices and herbs. If you like more spice you can include chopped chillies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Full-time Parent Claims 'Sanity Day'.

Grocery Shopping on a Budget

Butterscotch Pudding - Self Saucing