Soft Baked Honey Oat Bars

A lunchbox snack that doubles as a quick breakfast replacement for Mum (that's me), when she’s in a morning frenzy.

I do enjoy having options.

Honey Oat Bars

Serves 18-24
Healthy honey oat slice recipe


---Ingredients---
1 cup rolled oats
½ cup quick oats
1 cup self raising flour
½ cup desiccated coconut
½ cup brown sugar
1 cup sultanas
125g cooking margarine (or butter)
3 Tablespoons honey
2 Tablespoons hot water

---Method---
•Preheat oven to 170°C and line a 17.5x27cm (or similar) slice tray with baking paper.
•Mix oats, flour, sultanas, sugar and coconut in a large bowl.
•Melt margarine, combine with honey and hot water.
•Stir both mixtures together until completely incorporated.
•Bake for 20 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
Allow to cool before slicing into squares. 

Comments

  1. I love that I not only get great recipes here, but I learn something. Now I know what "sultanas" are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never knew they were called something different over there Karen. I learned something new too!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Full-time Parent Claims 'Sanity Day'.

Grocery Shopping on a Budget

Butterscotch Pudding - Self Saucing